Artist: Your name here!, 2023-09-24
Link to your gallery!
|Weight adjustment is based on the characters starting weight.
|HxWxL adjustment is based on the characters starting height, width and length and will also adjust its weight, reach and step (also land speed).
|XP Gain Adjust
|XP adjustment is based on the characters species xp gain and then modified by this value.
|Land Speed Adjust
|Set this value to the characters land speed overwriting the species base value.
|Nat. Armor Mod.
|Ability modifiers can increase(+), decrease(-) or set(no sign) a base value.
- (100%) Bite: +(6 piercing/4 bludgeoning) melee damage for Tiny size category, +(7 piercing/5 bludgeoning) melee damage for Small size category, +(8 piercing/6 bludgeoning) melee damage for Medium size category, +(10 piercing/8 bludgeoning) melee damage for Large size category, +(11 piercing/9 bludgeoning) melee damage for Huge size category
- (100%) Claws: +10 slashing melee damage for Tiny size category, +12 slashing melee damage for Small size category, +14 slashing melee damage for Medium size category, +17 slashing melee damage for Large size category, +20 slashing melee damage for Huge size category NOTE: if species already has claws then increase damage by 15% and reduce all affected skills by an additional -2
- (100%) Immunity (Daze)
- (100%) Immunity (Stunned)
- (100%) Immunity (Charm)
- (100%) Immunity (Poisoned)
- (50%) Immunity (Fire) Damage Reduction: +30%
- (100%) Immunity (Petrafied)
- (100%) Immunity (Electrical) Damage Reduction: +50%
- (100%) Immunity (Fear)
- (80%) Immunity (Cold) Damage Reduction: +50%
- (100%) Immunity (Drowning)
- (100%) Immunity (Suffocation)
- (100%) Sensory (Thermal) Range: +5
- (100%) Weakness (Divine) Damage: +5
Skeletons are the weakest of undead and usually not someone that was willing to become undead. The ritual used to make a skeleton is crude but has been left unchanged as the requirements are little beyond a body and the Undeath Spell. One can also become a skeleton by failing the roll to become a greater undead such as a Mummy, Lich or Vampire. Lacking all traces of the personality of the "donor" skeletons require confinement or constant supervision so they do not wander off. They will naturally attack any living creature and are oblivious to spirits. As they have nearly nothing of a personality that has survived they are immune to many mind effects.
Many mortals desire to evade their death and seek out a forbidden knowledge called Undeath. This is a state of existence between life and death. It halts the natural progression of life, death and rebirth. As such most undead can not be killed since they are no longer living and must be destroyed to release the soul to the realm of the dead. Destruction of the undead requires the destruction of the body as a whole and once done the soul will return to the natural life cycle of mortals. Not every undead character is a willing one though. Some are little more than an experiment or a hapless traveler caught up in another characters plans. However the person becomes one of the undead they have a number of changes applied to themselves and these changes depend on the type of undead they become.
The difficulty to become an one of the Undead varies on the characters level verses the undead types minimum level requirement. For a vampire that is level 25 and for every level below that the difficulty increases to complete the ritual spell Undeath successfully. The spells difficulty is set to Arduous plus any modifiers for level shortage. Having more levels than the base does not grant any bonus to lower the difficulty though. Regardless of the type of undead one attempts to become failure means you become a mindless Skeleton. For those that become an undead via another undead such as Zombie, Wight or Vampire The save difficulty is increased by the same value as one who tries to become an Undead by design. Failure of that save means the person becomes Undead of the same type as the one that attacked them. Success means you have resisted the effect at least for that time. For species that are immune to disease can not become undead of any kind.
Undead include the Skeleton, Zombie, Wight, Mummy, Lich and Vampire with the Vampire being the most powerful and Skeletons being a step above animated furniture. Regardless of the type of Undead all of them have a hatred for the living. Lesser Undead (Skeletons and Zombies) will attack the living on sight. Wights and Mummies will exercise more caution and attack at an opportune time. While the greater undead (Liches and Vampires) use their head and sometimes can be found working with the living while it suits them.
The dead despise the undead with a vengeance and will do what they can to expose them to the living.