Artist: Your name here!, 2019-01-18
Link to your gallery!
|For every level under the minimum add 3% to the creation difficulty for a willing subject. An unwilling subject has the difficulty to resist raised by +3
|Weight adjustment is based on the characters starting weight.
|HxWxL adjustment is based on the characters starting height, width and length and will also adjust its weight, reach and step (also land speed).
|XP Gain Adjust
|XP adjustment is based on the characters species xp gain and then modified by this value.
|Land Speed Adjust
|Set this value to the characters land speed overwriting the species base value.
|Nat. Armor Mod.
|Ability modifiers can increase(+), decrease(-) or set(no sign) a base value.
- (100%) Bite: +(6 piercing/4 bludgeoning) melee damage for Tiny size category, +(7 piercing/5 bludgeoning) melee damage for Small size category, +(8 piercing/6 bludgeoning) melee damage for Medium size category, +(10 piercing/8 bludgeoning) melee damage for Large size category, +(11 piercing/9 bludgeoning) melee damage for Huge size category
- (100%) Claws: +10 slashing melee damage for Tiny size category, +12 slashing melee damage for Small size category, +14 slashing melee damage for Medium size category, +17 slashing melee damage for Large size category, +20 slashing melee damage for Huge size category NOTE: if species already has claws then increase damage by 15% and reduce all affected skills by an additional -2
- (100%) Immunity (Drowning)
- (100%) Immunity (Daze)
- (60%) Immunity (Electrical) Damage Reduction: +20%
- (100%) Immunity (Suffocation)
- (80%) Immunity (Cold) Damage Reduction: +50%
- (100%) Immunity (Poisoned)
- (100%) Regeneration Health Points: +1
- (100%) Sensory (Spirit Vision) Range: +5
- (100%) Vulnerability (Fire)
- (100%) Weakness (Divine) Damage: +10
The Mummy is the first undead, that still retains a great deal of the memories and personality from its former life. The ritual used to make a mummy is long and requires the body to be wrapped in linen bandages with special rune markings. The internal organs are removed and placed in sealed jars. The brain is whisked into a froth and drained from the nasal cavity. After a period of about 1 month the target awakes as a new undead. Those that fail the roll to become a Mummy resort to becoming a skeleton instead. For those that succeed find most of their flesh is present but looks desiccated and with the internal organs having been removed, the character is lighter and thinner than a normal person of their species. Mummies often keep their burial wraps as a keepsake of their transformation but this is not required. Although Mummies are undead they do need to eat a steady diet of the spirit life of the living or the dead. For this reason the dead tend to avoid Mummies.
Many mortals desire to evade their death and seek out a forbidden knowledge called Undeath. This is a state of existence between life and death. It halts the natural progression of life, death and rebirth. As such most undead can not be killed since they are no longer living and must be destroyed to release the soul to the realm of the dead. Destruction of the undead requires the destruction of the body as a whole and once done the soul will return to the natural life cycle of mortals. Not every undead character is a willing one though. Some are little more than an experiment or a hapless traveler caught up in another characters plans. However the person becomes one of the undead they have a number of changes applied to themselves and these changes depend on the type of undead they become.
The difficulty to become an one of the Undead varies on the characters level verses the undead types minimum level requirement. For a vampire that is level 25 and for every level below that the difficulty increases to complete the ritual spell Undeath successfully. The spells difficulty is set to Arduous plus any modifiers for level shortage. Having more levels than the base does not grant any bonus to lower the difficulty though. Regardless of the type of undead one attempts to become failure means you become a mindless Skeleton. For those that become an undead via another undead such as Zombie, Wight or Vampire The save difficulty is increased by the same value as one who tries to become an Undead by design. Failure of that save means the person becomes Undead of the same type as the one that attacked them. Success means you have resisted the effect at least for that time. For species that are immune to disease can not become undead of any kind.
Undead include the Skeleton, Zombie, Wight, Mummy, Lich and Vampire with the Vampire being the most powerful and Skeletons being a step above animated furniture. Regardless of the type of Undead all of them have a hatred for the living. Lesser Undead (Skeletons and Zombies) will attack the living on sight. Wights and Mummies will exercise more caution and attack at an opportune time. While the greater undead (Liches and Vampires) use their head and sometimes can be found working with the living while it suits them.
The dead despise the undead with a vengeance and will do what they can to expose them to the living.