Artist: Your name here!, 2021-06-13
Link to your gallery!
|Space (H, W, L)
||360cm, 320cm, 680cm
|Measure (H, W, L)
||240cm, 200cm, 620cm
|Encumbrance (SA: 125%)
|Health (Life Pnts)
Movement per turn
Below is how far a Bear, Shortfaced can move in 1 turn (4 seconds).
Physical Threat Range
The distance from the Bear, Shortfaced body to the target from the side closest to the target.
- Carnivore - This diet must contain mostly meat.
- Temperate(Forest, Hill, Mountain)
- Augmented Critical Critical Hit: -2
- Bite: +26 piercing melee damage
- Claws: +24 slashing melee damage, Reduction, Coordination: -4, Reduction, Skill Tree[All Weapon Skills]: -4, Reduction, Skill Tree[Climbing]: -5
- Distance Runner Rounds till Consumption: +2
- Level Limit Max Level: +10
- Racial Levels Racial Levels: +10
- Scent, Blood
- Racial, Brute
The Short-faced Bear is the largest bear ever known. Their bodies are covered by thick brown fur. They typically walk on all fours feet that end in long 8" to 12" claws. Their faces are expressive with a short snout over 6" to 10" incisors and round ears. They also have a small stubby tail and long legs built for running.
A short faced bears often will avoid the large towns, but is not above attack a small villages. They will fight to defend a kill or carcass they find. If startled the bear will charge and attack standing on its hind 2 feet and using its bite and claws. It will try to overpower its opponent and knock them to the ground and begin biting their victims head and face. A mother with cubs is the most vicious of bears. Something they must do to defend their young from the larger males that will kill and eat them.
When not startled a bear will use a number of vocalization at an intruder.
- Moaning: Fear or mild threat
- Barking: Notice to others of its presence
- Huffing: Courtship or mothers warning to cubs
- Growling: Anger
- Roaring: Intimidation and anger
The Shortfaced Bear are loners for the most part. The only exception is when they are young they follow and depend on their mother or a mating pair. The mating pair only stay together for a few days to a week or two. The cubs will tend to her cubs for about 3 years and then run them off.
1 Lone Bear
2 Mating Pair
1 Mother + 1 to 3 cubs
A bear is trainable and can serve as a mount for large or medium races if started from a young age. A shortfaced bear can be trained to understand a half-dozen spoken and/or hand commands.